Root Canal Retreatment at Hon Van Cao, DDS in Riverside, CA
Root canal retreatment is a procedure that is performed to remove infected or damaged tissue from a tooth that has previously undergone root canal therapy. This treatment may be necessary if the previous root canal treatment has failed or if new infection has developed in the same tooth. At Hon Van Cao, DDS in Riverside, CA, we offer root canal retreatment as a safe and effective way to preserve damaged teeth and restore your oral health.
Benefits of Root Canal Retreatment
Root canal retreatment has several benefits, including:
- Saves Your Tooth: Root canal retreatment can save your natural tooth from extraction. This allows you to keep your natural smile and maintain normal chewing and speaking abilities.
- Prevent Further Infection: Root canal retreatment removes the infected or damaged tissue and seals the root canal, preventing further infection and decay.
- Cost Effective: Root canal retreatment is often less expensive than tooth extraction and replacement with a bridge, implant, or denture.
Why Choose Hon Van Cao, DDS for Root Canal Retreatment?
At Hon Van Cao, DDS, we understand that root canal retreatment can be a complex and delicate procedure. That’s why we strive to provide a comfortable and stress-free environment for our patients. Here are some reasons why you should choose us for your root canal retreatment:
- Expertise: Dr. Cao has over 20 years of experience performing root canal retreatment and other endodontic procedures. He has treated thousands of patients and is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: Our practice is equipped with the latest technology, including digital imaging and electronic records. This allows us to diagnose and treat complex cases with greater accuracy and precision.
- Personalized Care: We take the time to listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have about the procedure. We also offer sedation options to help you feel more comfortable during the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions about Root Canal Retreatment
The length of the procedure depends on the complexity of the case, but most root canal retreatment procedures can be completed in one to two visits.
Most patients report feeling little to no pain during the procedure. Local anesthesia is used to numb the affected area, and we also offer sedation options to help you feel more comfortable.
After the procedure, you may experience some soreness and swelling, but this can usually be managed with over-the-counter pain medication. You should avoid eating hard or chewy foods for a few days after the treatment.
The cost of root canal retreatment varies depending on the extent of the damage and the complexity of the case. However, it is often less expensive than tooth extraction and replacement with a bridge, implant, or denture.
If you have any other questions or concerns about root canal retreatment or would like to schedule a consultation with our experienced endodontist, please contact our office in Riverside, CA. We look forward to helping you restore your oral health and maintain a beautiful, healthy smile.