The Importance of Oral Cancer Screening
- Early detection is crucial for successful treatment of oral cancer.
- Regular screenings can identify signs of cancer that might be missed otherwise.
- Oral cancer screenings are quick, painless, and can save lives.
What Happens During an Oral Cancer Screening?
- A visual examination of your mouth, throat, neck, and face for any signs of cancer.
- Palpation to check for any lumps or abnormalities in the neck and jaw area.
- Discussion of any symptoms or concerns you may have.
Who Should Get Screened for Oral Cancer?
- Adults, especially those over the age of 40.
- Individuals with a history of heavy tobacco and alcohol use.
- Anyone with a previous oral cancer diagnosis or family history of cancer.
After Your Oral Cancer Screening
- If any abnormalities are found, we may recommend further diagnostic tests.
- We provide guidance and support for any necessary follow-up care.
- Regular screenings are advised for ongoing monitoring.
Why Choose Van Cao Dentistry for Oral Cancer Screening?
- Experienced professionals skilled in early cancer detection.
- A caring and supportive environment.
- State-of-the-art equipment for accurate screening.