What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over a damaged or decayed tooth to improve its appearance, restore its function, and prevent further damage. Crowns are custom-made to fit your tooth and are designed to look and feel like your natural teeth. They are a popular restorative option for a wide range of dental issues.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns offer a number of benefits for patients. These include:
- Restoring Tooth Function: Crowns can restore the function of damaged teeth by protecting them from further damage and improving their ability to bite and chew.
- Aesthetic Improvements: Crowns can improve the appearance of damaged or misshapen teeth, giving you a more confident smile.
- Durability: Crowns are durable and can last for many years with proper care.
- Protection: Crowns can protect a weak or damaged tooth from further damage or decay.
- Versatility: Crowns can be used to restore a single tooth or multiple teeth.
Why Choose Hon Van Cao, DDS for Dental Crowns?
Hon Van Cao, DDS has extensive experience in providing dental crowns to patients in Riverside, Ca. Dr. Cao uses the latest techniques and materials to ensure that his patients receive the highest quality care. He takes the time to listen to his patients’ concerns and works with them to develop a treatment plan that meets their individual needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Crowns
Dental crowns can be made of a variety of materials, including porcelain, ceramic, metal, or a combination of these materials.
The process of getting a dental crown typically requires two visits to the dentist. The first visit involves preparing the tooth and taking impressions, while the second visit involves placing the crown.
The process of getting a dental crown should not be painful. However, some patients may experience mild discomfort or sensitivity following the procedure.
Dental crowns should be cared for like natural teeth, with regular brushing, flossing, and dental checkups. Avoid chewing hard or sticky foods that can damage the crown.
If you’re interested in fixed bridges as a tooth replacement option, contact us today to schedule a consultation. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you determine if fixed bridges are the right choice for you.